On why it’s important to have a writing buddy:
1. You can bounce story ideas off each other and figure out the focus for a story.
2. You can each write a story with various parameters (i.e. same title, character with certain personality traits, same setting) and they will turn out vastly different.
3. After reading each others stories, you can give great critiques!
4. You can analyze your stories and try to identify what personal experiences affected your story which helps you learn more about yourself.
5. Writing buddies understand you on a deep level. You can geek out with them!