We are very happy to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Victor at jellyvic.wordpress.com. Thanks, Victor! All of us at Paradise on Paper really appreciate it.
Part of our nomination is to answer these questions. As a group, here are our answers.
1. Why did you first start blogging?
I first started blogging on Paradise on Paper because I love to write and having a weekly post keeps me focused. (Rebecca)
2. Describe your personal style in 3 words.
Different. Sassy. Perspective. (Trixie)
3. What is your craziest memory?
My earliest memory is probably my craziest memory. When I was only two years old, I fell out of bed one night and lost my first tooth. I remember waking up on the floor crying, and seeing a spot of blood on the carpet. It’s not like it’s a beautiful memory or anything, but it fascinates me that I can remember that. (Felicity)
4. What job would you do/have done if money was not a problem?
I’ve made writing a side-line because someone gave me advise years ago that it was good that I liked it but it might not always pay the bills.However, if money wasn’t an option…(Rebecca)
5. One thing you would like to change about people and why.
I would like to get people to realize that there are at least two sides to every issue. Sometimes people have a good reason for doing something, one others cannot understand, so you shouldn’t jump to conclusions. You need to find out the reasons for something. For me, when it comes to writing, this is an interesting thought because when I write my characters can do anything I want, be anything I want. My fictional options are limitless. (Rebecca)
6. If you could bring someone back to life, who would it be?
C.S. Lewis! He was just an overall great thinker, and I would to have a cup of tea with him and pick his brain. Also, who wouldn’t want to geek out over Narnia with Lewis himself? (Felicity)
7. Best book you ever read?
My two favorites…for today: Heist Society by Ally Carter and The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart! (Trixie)
8. Describe yourself in three words
Determined, realist, writer (Rebecca)
9. If you could meet any author and ask them only one question, what would it be?
I would ask Julie Campbell Tatham (author of the first six books in the Trixie Belden girl-detective series) to show me where she imagined Trixie’s house was in real life or if she completely made it up. (Trixie)
10. What fictional character are you most like?
Anne of Green Gables. I don’t necessarily act like her, but I think like her. She’s a writer, she’s very imaginative, opinionated, and feisty. (Felicity)
Here are 11 random facts about your Paradise on Paper bloggers:
1) In my high school yearbook I was voted quietest and most school spirit. (Rebecca)
2) I like to knit, crochet and quilt. (Rebecca)
3) My first poem was published when I was twelve. (Rebecca)
4) I live on a farm. (Rebecca)
5) I’m a little bit horse crazy. (Felicity)
6) Before I could write, I would dictate stories to my mom and she would write them down for me. (Felicity)
7) I am passionate about Veterans issues. (Trixie)
8) I love big cities. (Trixie)
9) Sometimes I imagine that I will be a spy when I grow up. (Trixie)
10) I am a Christian. (Trixie)
11) I wrote half of a short story on my iPhone “Notes” app while riding the metro the other day. (Trixie)
In turn, we are nominating the following blogs because we enjoy their writing.
For those blogs we have nominated, here are 11 questions for you.
1) What made you decide to start a blog?
2) What is the biggest challenge you have being a blogger?
3) Aside from your blog, have you ever been published on another website or in print?
4) What are three words to describe your writing style?
5) Who is your favourite author and why?
6) What quote or saying sums up how you view life?
7) What superpower would you like to have, and what would you do with it?
8)What is your favorite setting to put characters in?
9) What is your advice for young people?
10) Do you prefer writing in notebooks or on computers?
11) How do you keep a balance between your writing and your other commitments?
Want more information about the Liebster Award? Visit their website here.