by: Rebecca Taylor
Where does inspiration come from? Inspiration can be found anywhere – media, from a friend or family member, it might be in the sunsets or in the flowers growing by the roadside, a book you read or a television show you watched. The truth is inspiration can be found in most anything especially when you are a writer, because so many things can spark a thought for setting, dialogue, plot or character development. Another good place to find inspiration, especially if you might be stuck on something is through quotes. Therefore I decided to find seven inspirational quotes. Today’s quotes all focus on the professional of writing, although some can apply to numerous life events.
I hope you enjoyed this brief piece and that inspiration finds you.
1. “There are no laws for the novel. There never have been, nor can there ever be.”~ Doris Lessing
2. “A book is simply the container of an idea—like a bottle; what is inside the book is what matters.” ~ Angela Carter
3. “Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart”. ~ William Wordsworth
4. “A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit”.~Richard Bach
5. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” ~ Aristotle
6. “The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.” ~ —Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt